5 Remarkably Easy Ways to Get Your Skin Ready for Spring
Help yourself look and feel amazing throughout your pregnancy.
Spring will be here in a matter of no time. That’s why it’s incredibly important to start thinking about how you’ll make the transition between one season to the next. Winter skin care is vastly different than spring skin care which is why you should take the time needed to acquaint yourself with the two. You’ll be better prepared by having the right skincare products on hand and the time allotted to truly cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize optimally.
Here are five remarkably easy ways to get your skin ready for spring:
1. Do a self-examination. It’s important to check your skin on a regular basis to make sure there are no abnormal growths or spots present. If you spend a great deal of time in the sun and are lax about using protection, you could be doing yourself more harm than good. Discuss any moles or other spots on your body that suddenly appear with your primary care physician who can run tests to make sure that the areas in question aren’t cancerous.
2. Invest in an effective pregnancy-safe sunscreen solution. Protecting yourself and your baby from the sun’s powerful rays is essential especially as the days grow warmer in spring. Look for a formula that is safe to wear while pregnant. That way, you’re not putting harmful chemicals onto your skin. You’ll be able to protect yourself and your baby wherever you go thanks to the SPF provided by the sunscreen.
3. Remove dead skin cells by gently exfoliating. Select a cleaner that has a light scrubbing property for best results. You can also dry brush to remove old skin cells or purchase an exfoliating facial brush to use with your ordinary cleanser. Either way, make sure to use it at least once a week to keep skin bright and smooth. You’ll be able to get to new layers of skin easily without irritating your face or body.
4. Check the expiration dates on your skincare products. Toss out anything that is no longer good. Just like food, skincare products expire. Using them after they’ve turned could be very unpleasant. Make it a point to use up what you have on hand by a specific timeframe. That way, you don’t forget to use a product when it’s at its best.
5. Add a lighter moisturizer to your regimen. When the weather is colder and the air inside drier, you likely need a thicker moisturizer. In the spring, however, you can switch back to one that feels lightweight and silky. Reading the ingredients on any of the products that you purchase during your pregnancy is highly recommended. That way, you don’t wind up putting something nasty on your skin that could harm you or your baby.
Give your skin the boost it needs to be radiant. Shed all the signs of winter by doing the suggestions listed above. The only thing standing in the way between you and an amazing glow is a good skincare routine. Pretty Mommies offers pregnancy-safe products that help you achieve a look that you love.